About Me

My photo
Twitter @emmajanecorsan Instagram: @emmajanemint YouTube: Cheesemint Productions

She appears composed, so she is, I suppose

Hi there,

Welcome to this unorganised collection of my writings, thoughts, creative notes and ramblings. It may not be coherent and at times may be a little hard to follow. Such is the nature of language and I'm not writing for anyone else, just myself, in an attempt to organise my thoughts and to aid me with my creative work but please feel free to peruse and comment if you wish to do so.

XO,

Emma-Jane

Sunday 24 May 2009

Panic and Nothingness

I forgot to write this up from Thuuuuursday 21st.

For one of my projects I'm concentrating on blankness or nothingness. The scary blank canvas! When I was explaining this to everyone in the sessions, our tutor made a point that when I use the word "blank" I say it with negative connotations...which I do. I panic!

We put ourselves into images when we view them and acquire stimulus from different objects/concepts. I'm going to try and detach this pnaic and fear I have when thinking about blankness. It was also pointed out to me that silence might be interesting to explore, as it is another form of blankness! The scary thing is...I am actually terrified of silence, which I'm sure comes as no surprise for those of you who know me! I hate silence, I feel so incredibly uncomfortable surrounded by it. No such thing as a comfortable silence for me! So I'm going to look at nothingness, which sounds impossible! Ha! No doubt I shall be revisiting philosophy once again for this one!

I'm hoping to also investigate what might happen if I take my book sculptures into an art setting. Maybe the context my practice will change? Or maybe not?! Apparently the main idea behind action research is learning to accept not knowing!

I'm intending to research and re-explore the work of Rauschenberg and De Kooning. Also going to look at Ulrich (representations in visual objects/stimulus). Best get on with it then...

No comments: