About Me

My photo
Twitter @emmajanecorsan Instagram: @emmajanemint YouTube: Cheesemint Productions

She appears composed, so she is, I suppose

Hi there,

Welcome to this unorganised collection of my writings, thoughts, creative notes and ramblings. It may not be coherent and at times may be a little hard to follow. Such is the nature of language and I'm not writing for anyone else, just myself, in an attempt to organise my thoughts and to aid me with my creative work but please feel free to peruse and comment if you wish to do so.

XO,

Emma-Jane

Sunday 24 May 2009

Makeshift Cardboard Houses and Thinking Creatively!

Have been meaning to put up the pictures from one of the new units I'm doing at the moment; Learning Conversations. It's been really interesting so far and has proved quite enjoyable.

It's been more practical than I thought it would be and the 1st week we listened to a piece of writing about washing hands whilst washing our own hands with wet wipes! For some reason this sticks in my memory more than anything else from that particular session. The combination of bringing something normal and ordinary into the realm of out of the ordinary...it really encouraged creative thinking. For me at least!

The 2nd week involved a lot of fun with cardboard! (See pictures!) And the 3rd week, or last week we talked a lot about the way we learn. When we see something new we will always respond emotively then we begin to orientate what we see, comapring it to everything we already know. Once we give it a name, we know it. Once you describe something and frame it with language then you can begin questioning and enquiring. Maybe form metaphors. This made me think about delivery and how something could potentially be viewed and I've had this in mind all day while I've been installing my exhibition!

I will be adding pictures from the installation later but these are the pictures from the 2nd week of Learning Conversations...we all had to make a space for our things, or utilise the space around us in some way to create a space for ourselves using the cardboard...








We had to make use of what was in the room and the materials we had on us!

Ali decided to just plonk herself and her chair down on the card!
Jenny stole a corner and piled her things up on it claiming it was hers because she is an only child!
Jane made use of the corners and strange interior of the room to highlight form.
Linda (as seen in the photo) wore hers for the rest of the lesson!
Angela made a defence shield for her things!
And I...made a strange house for my things using my trusty scalpel and tip-ex, that live in my make-up bag!

No comments: