About Me

My photo
Twitter @emmajanecorsan Instagram: @emmajanemint YouTube: Cheesemint Productions

She appears composed, so she is, I suppose

Hi there,

Welcome to this unorganised collection of my writings, thoughts, creative notes and ramblings. It may not be coherent and at times may be a little hard to follow. Such is the nature of language and I'm not writing for anyone else, just myself, in an attempt to organise my thoughts and to aid me with my creative work but please feel free to peruse and comment if you wish to do so.

XO,

Emma-Jane

Thursday 28 May 2009

Drop-in Centre Private View "The Housewarming"

The private view was a success! We had a really good turn out,I got some interesting feedback and the comments on the exhibition on the whole were 99.99% positive*! (*approximation!).

One of the comments we received, in fact, several of them expressed the view that it was the most homely exhibition they've ever been too. One commented, "I wasn't sure if I was walking into a gallery or someone's house". As well as all the lovely comments, I also recieved a compliment about my chocolate brownies! Score!

Lots and lots of pictures were taken, by several friends and myself and I will upload them in the form of another slideshow soon. The collection of images is vast and impressive!

We had to make 2 extra alcohol runs, much like a housewarming! Also, people naturally interacted with the work, some picking up books, sitting in the spaces and most people did a portrait of Mark! For a first exhibition, I couldn't be happier!

I'm hoping that I'll have a few more comments in my book before the end of the week and will endeavour to publish them on here asap!

Also, watch this space for more pictures!

No comments: