About Me

My photo
Twitter @emmajanecorsan Instagram: @emmajanemint YouTube: Cheesemint Productions

She appears composed, so she is, I suppose

Hi there,

Welcome to this unorganised collection of my writings, thoughts, creative notes and ramblings. It may not be coherent and at times may be a little hard to follow. Such is the nature of language and I'm not writing for anyone else, just myself, in an attempt to organise my thoughts and to aid me with my creative work but please feel free to peruse and comment if you wish to do so.

XO,

Emma-Jane

Friday 22 May 2009

Going...Going...Glued!

Whilst glueing books together for my coffee table legs, I decided to make a note of the last lines of some of the books...no idea why, it just felt like an interesting thing to do. Especially as once glued they would be lost! Perhaps its the unconscious guilt of ruining an authors work, despite their lack of talent in some cases. I guess by documenting some of the text I am somehow preserving part of their legacy? Maybe...maybe not...Either way I might do some work with them in the future mayhaps? Even if I don't use them there's no harm in documenting them anyhow...

Some of them were hilarious, others incredibly cheesy and some just damn right awful. Here are a few...

"There is only Jake Hanlon, not Old Jake, not Young Jake, just Jake Hanlon, man, tall, in the saddle on a little Southwestern mustang, riding, riding, riding, into eternity."

What I take from this is that cowboys live forever! Brilliant! That was from Mavericks by Jack Schaefer.

"Then he kissed her, and felt the full, sweet pressure of her lips, and knew there'd be no more lonely trails for him, ever"

Yet again...cowboys just loooove eternity! Cheeeeeeeesy! Thanks to Mr Leslie Ernenwein.

"His face was horror-stricken."


Dundunduuuuuuuuuuuun! Ha! We have Alistair Maclean to thank for that scorcher, it's from Force 10 from Navarone...which is also a pretty awful film.

"'Yes', said Wind Jackal looking out across the broad sky 'perhaps the greatest adventure yet'"

Inspiring words there from Cloud Wolf by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell (incredibly popular kids authors who write the Edge Chronicles.

"I folded the paper and placed it under the dark glasses on her desk"

Way to end a story...not exciting in the slightest. Although pointed out to me by David, it might make a great ended for a pulp crime novel of the noir kind! Weirdly enough, this is from a kids book about footballers! The Transfer by Terence Blacker.

I started getting bored but laughed out loud when I looked in the back page of Plum Island by Nelson Demille

"Everyone applauded." Haha, way to blow your own trumpet Mr Demille! What also amused me is that underneath the last line was an image of a skull and crossbones! I will upload the picture soon! It was too good not to document visually!

No comments: